AIR CONDITIONING – BUILT IN 2020 ALL NEW
A very special private waterfront luxury Virgin Gorda villa for rent on its own private peninsula , this 7-bedroom vacation rental home sits at the end of Mattie Point, with water on three sides and Gorda Peak behind. South Sound ( A BVI designated marine sanctuary) is a spectacular secluded area of Virgin Gorda, where you hear the waves breaking on the reef and your neighbors are pelicans, turtles and fish. To one side you’ll see the Hurricane Hole and to the other is Great Hill. On the far side of Great Hill are fun places to visit such as Biras Creek, Saba Rock, and Bitter End Yacht Club, all on Virgin Gorda. Swim in the infinity edge pool overlooking the sound or snorkel off the private dock to some of the best underwater viewing on the island of Virgin Gorda.
– A cement driveway and parking area provide access to the villa. Perimeter fencing and cattle guards will keep the cattle away.
– We have selected a wide variety of flowering plants as well as trees.
– The entire villa has tile floors, including decks and balconies.
– All beds are pillow-top.
– Each bedroom has its own bathroom with shower, plus a closet, dresser, accessory seating, ceiling fan and a remote-control air conditioner.
– 6 of the bedrooms have sliding glass doors to a covered balcony with additional seating. (The 7th is pool level so it has the entire pool area plus deck.) Balconies look out to the sound, ocean, pool.
– Two additional closets serve the entire villa. The large one in the kitchen contains items including beach towels and first aid. One just inside the pool wing has spare linens, pillows, towels, etc.
The Main House – This Virgin Gorda rental vacation villa has been designed to let the ocean breezes and sunlight surround you. The tile main floor is a free flowing area, including a living room with a built-in CD entertainment system and 55 inch HDTV, dining room and fully equipped kitchen with a seating island for drinks. Our living room has a rattan sofa, a love seat , other chairs and tables. Sliding glass doors along both front and back of the villa open to beautiful ocean views of Virgin Gorda. A 12 foot wide covered front deck stretching the entire length of the house (56 ft) is a great place for a casual lunch, a romantic candlelit dinner. The 8 foot wide covered garden deck, has a BBQ area with a propane stainless steel BBQ Grill, Even the main floor bathroom extends into the outdoors, through sliding glass doors to the glass block enclosed double shower. We have a wheelchair ramp for ease of access to the first floor bedrooms and living areas. On the ground floor tiled deck enjoy your afternoon nap in one of the two hammocks.
The kitchen, with a large center island, is equipped with all new appliances, a large side-by-side ice maker GE refrigerator, GE microwave, GE dishwasher, wine cooler and GE electric self cleaning smooth top four burner range. A complete set of kitchen utensils, small appliances and cookware is provided as well as glasses/dinnerware for 16. We also maintain a selection of spices and basic condiments/supplies for your use. The dining area has a wine cooler for your beverages, a coffee serving area and a table for 12. We have a 20 ft wall of walnut cabinets, so lots of storage.
Upstairs, you will find two bright and cheery bedrooms. One bedroom has a king size bed and the other bedroom has two twin beds. A bridge connects the bedrooms.
The Pool – The horizon edge 12,000 gallon pool is 5ft to 8ft deep with its own rock waterfall and lots of tile decks all overlooking South Sound. Our pool is a salt water pool, which keeps the pool clean and silky smooth. The pool deck has 8 chaise lounges and a 50 inch table with four chairs. If you want to lounge near the pool, but be out of the sun, enjoy our covered deck, which has a larger rectangular table with seating, and an entrance to the lower shower. Enjoy a drink at our covered poolside wet bar.
The Pool Wing – Our pool wing has five more bedrooms and is a separate structure, connected by a bridge to the Main House of the villa and overlooking the pool. The main floor includes the master bedroom area with a king-size bed plus a Keurig coffee machine and a mini-refrigerator, and a bathroom with a glass block enclosed outdoor covered shower. The second bedroom on the main floor is furnished with a queen bed. The pool deck bedroom also has a queen pillow top bed. The top floor includes a large bedroom with a king size bed plus a daybed. It also has a mini-refrigerator and a Keurig coffee machine. The second bedroom has a queen bed.
1) Communications: The villa telephone system includes an answering machine and 6 dual line wireless phones. Ask us about our very popular service for incoming and outgoing telephone service to the USA/Canada/other international calls. Lets you keep in touch. Cellular service and GSM phones do work on the island. Ask your existing carrier for international roaming , which would allow for the use of your existing phone to operate in the BVI. E-mail me regarding specifics on how to do this. Android, and i-phones will operate with the villa wireless internet. Wireless high speed internet service (802.11b/g/n) is available throughout the villa. No security code.
2) Overhead fans are in the living and dining rooms and all the bedrooms.
3) A 55 inch flat screen high resolution widescreen with DVD/Blue Ray with DVD’s in the living room. Streaming video including Netflix TV service. Roku service on the TV.
4) A new washer/dryer is on the lowest level of the main house. An iron and ironing board are also provided.
5) Enjoy one of the 2 hammocks on the ground floor tiled deck
6) The CD sound entertainment system has speakers in the living room and outdoor deck. Bring your favorite CD’s or listen to ours. ipads can be connected to the system.
7) The villa kitchen is furnished with a coffee maker, coffee bean grinder, 800 watt blender, Cuisinart food processor, four slice toaster, mixer, electric can opener, electric knife, and lots of tools. We also provide basic condiments and spices.
8) In the dining area we have a large table with seating for 12
9) Take the stone walkway to the our dock for boating, swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving in South Sound. (Water shoes or snorkel fins recommended). Relax on our waterside 15 ft X 15ft dock with great views, fresh water shower and cooling breezes.
10) Beach towels, beach mats and food coolers are in the Main Villa House. There are hair dryers in each bathroom.
11) 4 scuba tanks are available No other scuba equipment is provided.
12) A soft side crib for the little ones.
13) 3 blowup 22″ high Queen size beds with integral air pump for overflow guests
14) Outdoor Propane Stainless Steel Grill Utensils are in the kitchen.
15) Backup automatic full house Generac generator, so you will never be out of power. The unit detects loss of government power, starts the propane powered engine and provides power to the villa as long as the government power is out. When the government power comes back on, it will shut down. Completely automatic.
16) Although it is rarely needed, since the villa faces into the trade winds, the villa does have individual remote controlled multi zone mini-split A/C units in every bedroom and the main living area. Compressors are outdoors.
Our rental rates include the BVI rental tax and maid service midweek and weekend of your stay. Other arrangements can be provided.
The South Sound Road, which leads to the villa, connects to the main Virgin Gorda government road, running between the Valley and Gun Creek. The South Sound Road is a one lane island road about 1 mile long, which goes through pasture land with cattle and is level and flat . The cattle are peaceful and will cause you no harm. If they happen to be in your way, just slowly pass by them.
We recommend a rental car be secured for your transportation while on Virgin Gorda, with several different types of rental vehicles available. We can arrange a rental for you and have the agency we work with pick you up at your point of entry. They will have the villa key, as well as a map to guide you to the villa. You can view the cars they have available by going to the link near the bottom of the page. Select the car you want and we will reserve it for you. Contact us for details.
The villa has a guest book for your comments, as well as booklets with information on dining spots, maps, and information on what to do on Virgin Gorda, plus books on the history, flora and fauna of Virgin Gorda.
November 1st, 2018
Thorsten Cook, owner of South Sound Villa, a luxury waterfront vacation rental on Virgin Gorda, contacted me with the following update. He reported, "My villa, the South Sound Villa on South Sound, Virgin...